Call Us! (918) 631-7181

Tulsa Car Accident Attorney

Car Accident

Frequently Asked Questions


Car Accident FAQs

When you are involved in an auto accident you want to know what compensation you will receive for vehicle damage, medical bills and pain and suffering. You may also be wondering when you will receive compensation. The general steps in receiving compensation for an auto accident in Tulsa are:

  1. Consulting with an auto accident attorney.
  2. Attorney sends a letter of representation to the insurance company.
  3. Attorney works with the insurance company to accept liability.
  4. You finish medical treatment.
  5. Demand letter for reimbursement of pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills and is made.

The timeline in settling your case partially depends on the injuries and how long it will take you to recover. At Denton Law Firm PLLC we understand that you have many questions after a car accident. We can help start getting answers to your questions right away (918) 631-7181. Have more questions about your car accident? Read our Car Accident FAQs below to find the answers.


Frequently Asked Questions in a Car Accident

When you've been in an accident, moving forward can be overwhelming. That is why we have put together these Car Accident FAQs. The are some of the most common questions we get from clients who have been injured in a car accident. If you have questions, we have answers. Please call us today to schedule your Complimentary Case Review. (918) 631-7181

  • What Does It Mean to Get a Fair Settlement on a Car Accident Claim?

Actual damages and general damages are added together to get a fair estimate. Actual economic damages include medical bills, lost wages and other expenses as a result of the accident. General damages include pain, suffering and disability.

  • I Don't Have Health Insurance. Can You Help?

Yes. Hiring an auto accident attorney may help because they can provide health providers with an "attorney lien". This provides assurance that you will receive medical care for your auto accident injuries and your medical bills will be paid.

  • When Should I File a Lawsuit?

When the insurance company is denying liability or is not responding you will have to file a lawsuit. In most cases lawsuits need to be filed before the two year statute of limitations. An auto accident attorney can explain the deadline in filing a lawsuit.

  • Can a Passenger File a Claim?

An injured passenger in an auto accident has the legal right to file a claim against the driver who is at fault. Although there is not deadline, it is in your best interest to file a claim as soon as possible to get help with medical bills, car repair and while a witness’s memory is fresh.

  • What If the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

Your injuries can be covered under your policy if you have medical payments or uninsured motorist coverage. You will need to check with your auto insurance carrier for details about your specific auto insurance coverage.

  • What Kind of Reimbursement Can I Expect?

The most common items that are reimbursed are medical bills, permanent or partial disability, pain & suffering, lost wages and value of the vehicle repairs or vehicle if totaled.

  • How Long Does It Take to be Paid?

This will depend on the medical treatment you receive. If it is quick, then it may only take 2-4 months to receive compensation. It can take longer to reach a settlement if liability is disputed or your medical injuries require additional months of treatment. An auto accident attorney can explain the specific requirements to settle your case.

  • What If My Car is Totaled?

The insurance carrier accepting liability is only required to compensate you the cost from towing and storing the vehicle, the fair market value and expenses for loss of use of your vehicle.

  • What is the Time Limit for Filing a Lawsuit?

There is a two-year statute of limitations to file a lawsuit. In most cases, you will not be allowed to file a lawsuit after two years.

More Questions?

Have a question we didn't cover in our Car Accident FAQs? We are here to help. If you have questions about your car accident, call today at (918) 631-7181 to set up your Complimentary Case Review.

Contact Us

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.