Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
With Oklahoma’s population aging it is no surprise that the nursing home industry is growing rapidly as well. The nursing homes that are supposed to care for our elderly are responsible for health, safety, and security. Unfortunately, some Tulsa and Oklahoma nursing homes fail to provide for the health, safety, and security of our elderly loved ones. When this happens, the results are typically marked by tragedy, suffering, and even wrongful death. Nursing home abuse is a terrible act and those who do so, must pay.
The liability for nursing home abuse can come from the owners of the nursing home, the doctors and nurses working in the home, the additional staff working in the home, or a third-party provider the nursing home has brought in to assist with their duties. Regardless of the source of the liability, the Denton Law Firm will determine who is responsible for your loved one’s suffering and loss and will make them pay.
Nursing Home abuse comes in many forms including:
- Failure to properly maintain the nursing home premises
- Proving inadequate medical care to the patients/residents
- Failing to properly staff the nursing home, which leads to negligent care of the patients
- Mistreatment, abuse, or neglect of a patient by the staff or medical personnel
- Nursing homes that are over capacity
- Allowing dangerous, unsafe, or reckless conditions to exist in a nursing home that lead to personal injury or death within the nursing home.
If you suspect that you or a loved one has suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse, it is important that you contact the Tulsa, Oklahoma law firm qualified to represent you. The Denton Law Firm has experience dealing with the complicated legal issues that come with a nursing home lawsuit. We have experience dealing with cases involving complicated medical and nursing records. However, time is of the essence as witnesses and information tend to disappear as time goes on.
Call for a free consultation if you believe your loved one died or suffered as a result of nursing home abuse or negligence. We work to protect your interest. (918) 631-7181.