Your Car Accident Attorney
Rear End Car Crashes - Following Too Closely
Rear-End Car Accidents
Most drivers have experienced looking in their rear view mirror and seeing a car driving too closely behind. The person driving too close may be in a rush to get somewhere or they may have poor driving habits. Other causes leading to rear-end car crashes include poor visibility or bad road conditions while driving too close to other cars. Regardless of the reason, tailgating by another driver puts you at risk of injury from a rear end accident.
If you were involved in a rear-end collision, call our Denton Law Firm PLLC car accident attorneys at (918) 631-7181 to discuss your rights and options.
Following Too Closely Can Cause Serious Accidents!
Rear-end car crashes can cause serious physical injuries such as whiplash, back, and neck problems. In some rear-end car crashes, innocent drivers and passengers can be killed. When you consider that rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of car accidents, it is easy to see why following too closely is such an issue.
Driving safe is your best defense against aggressive or poor drivers. According to the Oklahoma Driver’s Manual some suggestions to safe driving include:
- Don’t tailgate.
- Keep away from people who are “driving crazy.”
- Avoid eye contact with an aggressive driver.
- Stay cool—keep looking straight ahead and refuse to be part of the problem.
- Don’t take traffic problems personally. Be polite, even when someone else is rude.
- If a driver follows you, go to a police station or a public place where you can get help. If you are harassed on the road, get the offender’s license plate number and report the incident to the authorities.
For more safe driving tips visit: www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/pub/ODM.pdf
Were You Recently Injured in an Accident Caused By A Driver Who was Following Too Closely?
Learn more about your legal rights after a car accident caused by a driver who was following too closely behind your vehicle. We represent drivers, passengers and pedestrians in the Tulsa area injured in accidents caused by reckless and irresponsible drivers.
Our Tulsa tailgating accident attorneys will review your case and can offer you guidance during a Complimentary Case Review. There are no fees until we win your case.